Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Insert a dialogue screen
Insert a dialogue screen [message #1601] Wed, 03 September 2008 08:27 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Hi Tony,

I have my application working well now, but would appreciate your advice on transaction patterns within the framework to see how I might make some functionality improvements.

I currently have an 'Import' function that inserts data into a table using a select (from the same table actually, but with a new key value). This all done by simply using an ADD4 transaction on pressing the 'Import' button.

I'd like to improve this by inserting a dialogue between the 'Import' button and the ADD4, allowing the user to enter some parameters (yes/no, dropdown selections and radio buttons etc.), enabling me to adjust the select clause.

If possible, I'd like to improve this even further, by allowing the user to preview the data (LIST1?) before using SUBMIT to actually add to the database.

I'm think I may need to define a temporary table for this, but I'd like your views on how I might select the best transaction patterns to achieve this.

Graham
Re: Insert a dialogue screen [message #1602 is a reply to message #1601] Wed, 03 September 2008 10:49 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Take a look at the 'Generate PHP scripts' function in the Data Dictionary which is a two-screen process - screen (a) asks for a table name and a pattern id, then screen (b) does what is necessary for that pattern.

When it comes to previewing the data you have two choices - retrieve it from memory (i.e. within the table object) or retrieve it from the database.

Previous Topic: Filter values in popup / add3 transaction
Next Topic: Date formats in PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:40:21 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00904 seconds