Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » _cm_listview_total() problem
_cm_listview_total() problem [message #1701] Wed, 24 September 2008 06:32 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Tony,

I'm printing some totals and subtotals on a report. I created a subclass of a main table class so that I could make the totals task specific.

However, the _cm_listview_total() does not appear to be being called when the code is placed in the subclass, only when placed in the parent class.

[The same problem may be occurring with _cm_listview_pre_print also - not tested fully yet]

Have I missed something (probably!), or is this a bug?
Re: _cm_listview_total() problem [message #1702 is a reply to message #1701] Wed, 24 September 2008 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I don't see how this can be happening. When you extend a class into a subclass it automatically inherits all the methods in the superclass. You may override any of this inherited code by defining an alternative version of any method in your subclass.

The only way that a method in a subclass is not being executed is that you are not using that subclass at runtime, or that method is not being called.

I suggest that you step through with your debugger where you will see that the _cm_listview_total() method is actually being called. Then you will be able to see *which* version in what class/subclass is being called.

Re: _cm_listview_total() problem [message #1703 is a reply to message #1701] Wed, 24 September 2008 07:07 Go to previous message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
I'll do some further testing and let you know.
Previous Topic: Problem with _cm_filterwhere, how can do this?
Next Topic: PDF error on download
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:33:31 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00895 seconds