Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » PDF error on download
PDF error on download [message #1706] Wed, 24 September 2008 10:42 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
PDF documents produced on my local environmnet are working fine, but after publishing to an external web site Adobe Reader gives the following error when producing PDF output:

"Adode Reader could not open 'Acr51.tmp' because it is either not a supported file type or becasue the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

As the same machine is being used to access both locally and remotely this would suggest the problem is not the local version of Adobe.

Is there something that needs to be set within the web server that may be causing this?
Re: PDF error on download [message #1707 is a reply to message #1706] Wed, 24 September 2008 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Are you trying to view the PDF document in your browser? Or are you trying to save it to disk and view it using your local copy of the Acrobat reader?

If you can download it and view it with the Acrobat reader then there is nothing wrong with the file. That would suggest that the browser plugin is at fault and should be reinstalled, upgraded, or reconfigured.

Re: PDF error on download [message #1708 is a reply to message #1706] Wed, 24 September 2008 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm viewing in the browser.

But having said that I'm using exactly the same browser (IE6.0) from the same client machine when viewing the docs from the localhost server (on the same machine) as well as from the external web server.

I'll try saving first and see what happens.
Re: PDF error on download [message #1710 is a reply to message #1706] Wed, 24 September 2008 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well - it works fine when downloading first ('destination' => 'D') in the report file.

I also tried from a different client machine and got the same error so I'm really not sure what the cause is. However, using D meets my needs so I'll put this on the backburner for now.
Re: PDF error on download [message #1711 is a reply to message #1710] Wed, 24 September 2008 11:54 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If the file can be read with the Adobe reader but not the browser plugin then it sounds like something is wrong with the browser plugin.

Previous Topic: _cm_listview_total() problem
Next Topic: Filter into transaction screen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:13:57 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01074 seconds