Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Filter into transaction screen
Filter into transaction screen [message #1713] Thu, 25 September 2008 17:55 Go to next message
edortizq is currently offline  edortizq

Is there a way to add input fields in the header of List1 transaction screen? I mean, input fields like in the attached word file used for direct access to a record or for apply a filter criteria.
Please let me know some documentation or code example (if there any).
Thank you for advance.
Re: Filter into transaction screen [message #1714 is a reply to message #1713] Thu, 25 September 2008 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
No. Search criteria is always entered via a separate screen so that it does not take up valuable space in the detail display. You either need the space for the input of selection criteria, or you need it to display the resuls of the search. You never need to see both areas at the same time.

Re: Filter into transaction screen [message #1715 is a reply to message #1714] Thu, 25 September 2008 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks for your answer.
This means that, if I need this kind of functionality (I really need. at least one step direct access to a record), then I have to create a new transaction pattern???
Re: Filter into transaction screen [message #1716 is a reply to message #1715] Thu, 25 September 2008 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm afraid so. The reason that I have separate search screens is historic. Many years ago in a different language I had space for search criteria at the top of a LIST1 screen, as shown in http://www.tonymarston.net/uniface/componenttemplates.html#l ist1, but then my users wanted the ability to have more selection criteria. When it began to use more and more space at the top of the list screen, which was dead space when it wasn't being used, they asked for the search criteria to be moved to a separate screen which then freed up the space on the list screen.

Having search criteria in its own screen is far more flexible, and having search criteria in two places is redundant.

Re: Filter into transaction screen [message #1717 is a reply to message #1716] Fri, 26 September 2008 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Ok thank you, do you have some documentation which I can to follow in order to develop the new transaction pattern??
Re: Filter into transaction screen [message #1718 is a reply to message #1717] Fri, 26 September 2008 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No documentation should be necessary as a transaction pattern consists of only three things:

(1) A page controller which communicates with one or more objects then passes the result to an XSL stylesheet.
(2) An XSL stylesheet which contains the various zones which are to be filled in at runtime.
(3) A screen structure file which identifies which data goes in what zone.

Rather than make a brand new pattern would it not be easier to modify the existing LIST1 pattern to optionally show a search area at the top of the screen? This would enable the search area to be turned on or off at will without having to switch patterns.

The only limitations I would put on the search area are:
(1) It can ony be one line deep.
(2) It can only contain columns which appear in the columnar display.

Re: Filter into transaction screen [message #1719 is a reply to message #1718] Fri, 26 September 2008 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thank you, that´s what I'll do; I'm sorry to bother you but ... do you have some example?
Re: Filter into transaction screen [message #1720 is a reply to message #1719] Fri, 26 September 2008 14:09 Go to previous message
If you look in the XSL stylesheet for the LIST1 pattern you will see that both the 'select' and 'show' areas in the navigation button area are optional. Also, the navigation area will not show any buttons if none have been supplied in the XML document. The 'message' and 'error' zones will also be ignored if there is nothing in the XML document.

Previous Topic: PDF error on download
Next Topic: PDF Page Setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:08:17 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01114 seconds