Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Workflow » Automatic Transition
Automatic Transition [message #1729] Thu, 16 October 2008 08:18 Go to next message
rashad is currently offline  rashad
I am playing around with the workflow engine and I am trying to create a simple workflow like this:

"Request Vacation" -> Start->"Manager Approve"->End
So the are:

Places
Start
Manager Approval
End

Transitions:
Approve
Dummy

Arcs:
Start->Approve
Approve->Manager Approval
Manager Approval->Dummy
Dummy->End

So what should I do inside the dummy transition to finish the workflow?

Re: Automatic Transition [message #1730 is a reply to message #1729] Thu, 16 October 2008 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you are trying to construct a workflow to implement
Start->"Manager Approve"->End
then this has two places and one transition, so why are you inserting a second transition called "dummy"?

If you look at file radicore/workflow/docs/workflow-examples.html you will see some examples which have been set up in the workflow database.

Re: Automatic Transition [message #1731 is a reply to message #1730] Thu, 16 October 2008 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rashad is currently offline  rashad
The reason I am doing this is because the workflow won't get validate if there's no intermediate places, that's why I thought of an automatic transition to go around this problem

Thanks for your reponse
Re: Automatic Transition [message #1732 is a reply to message #1731] Fri, 17 October 2008 05:32 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Do you really want a workflow which has only one transition? Is this a realistic scenario? Can a workflow with a single transition really be classed as a workflow?

If you must do it, you should remember that each transition in a workflow equates to a transaction (task) on the MENU database, so if you want a dummy transition you must relate it to a dummy task, one that uses a transaction pattern which updates the database (otherwise the workflow details cannot be updated) but which does not actually update the database. You could, for example, use a task which sends the employee an email to say "request granted".

Previous Topic: Using workflow component in my own application(?)
Next Topic: State Machine vs Sequential WF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 18:36:07 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01166 seconds