Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » Disable (or colorize) buttons while pages load
Disable (or colorize) buttons while pages load [message #1771] Wed, 29 October 2008 14:43 Go to next message
ikatz is currently offline  ikatz
This is a frustration that I experience every few days, most often with a filepicker transaction but occasionally with list1 transactions.

On a given day, I will be "in the zone" entering data -- I know exactly where to click on each screen, and I am getting things done very quickly. What eventually happens is that I open up a filepicker and click on the "File Upload" button before the page has finished loading. Oops! Sad Back to the logon screen!

On a list1 transaction, it will happen when I finish adding a new record and click on "new" again.

To prevent this from happening, my suggestion is to provide some visual clues on the buttons to indicate when they are "safe" to press.

For example, you could draw all the buttons on the screen in a disabled state, and call a javascript function at the end of the page to re-enable them. A less intrusive way would be to simply color the buttons red or orange then set them back to grey. Another (even less visually intrusive) way would be to declare a javascript variable at the end of the page, and check for its existence on a button click -- bringing up an alert if the page is still loading.

Do any of these sound like good solutions to you, or is there a better way to fix it?
Re: Disable (or colorize) buttons while pages load [message #1772 is a reply to message #1771] Wed, 29 October 2008 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I'm sorry, but I don't do javascript. You need to learn to keep in sync with the page as there is no "type-ahead" facility in web browsers.

Re: Disable (or colorize) buttons while pages load [message #1776 is a reply to message #1772] Wed, 29 October 2008 16:35 Go to previous message
ikatz is currently offline  ikatz
In case anyone is interested, here is the code to make it work:

style_custom.css
input.submit {
    background-color:white;
}

footer.txt
<script type="text/javascript">
var inputs = document.getElementsByTagName("input");

for (var i=0; i < inputs.length; i++)
    if (inputs[i].type == "submit")
        inputs[i].style.backgroundColor = "inherit";

</script>

Previous Topic: google-style pagination (solution attached)
Next Topic: Auto numerate records in a list view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:43:01 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07402 seconds