Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Row span in PDF detail view
Row span in PDF detail view [message #1779] Thu, 30 October 2008 10:52 Go to next message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
I am trying to create a pdf with an image and some data to the right of it. The problem is that the row containing the image is too high, and pushes the other rows down, as can be seen in the image attached.
I've tried setting the height and rowspan but it doesn't work.
(OTOH I could achieve what I'm trying in another report using the multi option).
index.php?t=getfile&id=150&private=0
  • Attachment: Picture 1.jpg
    (Size: 15.62KB, Downloaded 1534 times)
Re: Row span in PDF detail view [message #1780 is a reply to message #1779] Thu, 30 October 2008 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The PDF output routines which I employ are not based on HTML syntax with rows and columns and therefore have no concept of rowspan or colspan. That is why you will not find any mention of them in the documentation.

Although it is possible in Detail view (single) and Detail view (multiple) to have more than one column in the same row each of those columns must have the same depth. Different rows can have different depths.

As you have already identified the only way to achieve what you want is to use the detail view - additional data by specifying the correct X and Y coordinates for each page element.

Re: Row span in PDF detail view [message #1781 is a reply to message #1779] Thu, 30 October 2008 11:31 Go to previous message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
Thanks. I just converted it to multi and it worked as expected. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't achievable the ordinary way.
Previous Topic: Export selected fields from list view to CSV
Next Topic: How do you activate the new Google Style Pagination
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:02:01 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01112 seconds