Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Use Messages[] in a LIST1 transaction
Use Messages[] in a LIST1 transaction [message #1984] Thu, 16 April 2009 10:36 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Tony,

I was trying to modify or supplement the message that is displayed on the screen when a LIST1 transaction returns no rows from the database. As standard message sys0089 (Nothing was found matching this profile) is displayed.

I wanted to add a message in _cm_post_getData but this doesn't seem to be picked up and displayed. Following in my debugger: std.list1.inc sets $messages to sys0089 when the return count is 0 and include.xml.php5.inc checks $messages, but anything in $this->messages[] seems to be ignored. Can't tell whether this is a bug but I don't seem to be able to get any messages to display at all in a LIST1 transaction.

Can you provide any advice?

Thanks,

Graham
Re: Use Messages[] in a LIST1 transaction [message #1986 is a reply to message #1984] Thu, 16 April 2009 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Try this modified version of std.list1.inc to see if it solves your problem.

Re: Use Messages[] in a LIST1 transaction [message #1988 is a reply to message #1984] Thu, 16 April 2009 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tony, that's works perfectly now. Incidentally, the same issue occurs with the LIST2 transaction too, if you could also update that (I'll modify my copy with the same changes as per LIST1 in the meantime).

Graham
Re: Use Messages[] in a LIST1 transaction [message #1989 is a reply to message #1984] Thu, 16 April 2009 16:44 Go to previous message
Sorry Tony, I keep opening my mouth without checking first. In fact the functionality does already work OK with the LIST2 transaction. It was only an issue with LIST1 and as mentioned earlier - this now works fine.

Regards,

Graham
Previous Topic: Use of getData_raw()
Next Topic: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 07:51:35 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03436 seconds