Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL
override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #1990] Sun, 19 April 2009 11:07 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Tony,

In a _cm_getInitialDataMultiplefunction within a table class I have manually extended $this->sql_from and $this->sql_where to include data from a second table to achieve some desired functionality. Both the tables include the rdcaccount_id column.

I'm using getData_raw to retrieve the data.

Unfortunately this is now generating an ambiguous reference to rdcaccount_id (the table name is not explicitly stated in the generated SQL).

Can you give me a pointer to resolve this please?

Thanks,

Graham

[Updated on: Sun, 19 April 2009 11:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #1991 is a reply to message #1990] Sun, 19 April 2009 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
When you say "ambiguous reference" what exactly do you mean? What is the generated statement?

Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #1992 is a reply to message #1990] Sun, 19 April 2009 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The error message displayed is: Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1052 - Column 'rdcaccount_id' in where clause is ambiguous (# 1052).
It's because I am joining to a 2nd table, and both tables contain rdcaccount_id, but the generated SQL has " AND rdcaccount_id in ('1', 'n')" as part of the WHERE clause. It would need to have " AND table_name.rdcaccount_id IN.."

Let me know if you need further info on how I have actually set up the $where clause, although the rdcaccount_id reference is being automatically added to the where clause by the framework. I can't see how I can change it.

Graham
Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #1993 is a reply to message #1992] Mon, 20 April 2009 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you provide a copy of the actual SQL statement that was generated? I need to see exactly what the problem is.

Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #1994 is a reply to message #1990] Mon, 20 April 2009 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because the error crashes the system the SQL is not written out to the log file. However, the following is written out to the screen:

Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1052 - Column 'rdcaccount_id' in where clause is ambiguous (# 1052).

SQL query: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM exam, candidate WHERE exam.candidate_id = candidate.candidate_id AND candidate.active_ind = 'Y' AND candidate.exam_ind = 'Y' AND session_id = '12' AND branch_id='F' AND rdcaccount_id IN ('1', '7') ORDER BY exam.session_id, exam.syllabus_type_id, exam.branch_id

Error in line 466 of file 'C:\xampp\includes\dml.mysqli.class.inc'.

The transaction is an ADD4 pattern.

Please let me know if there is any further info I need to provide.

Graham
Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #1995 is a reply to message #1994] Mon, 20 April 2009 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to modify the contents of the getData() and getData_raw() methods in your version of 'std.table.class.inc' so that the lines containing
$account_id_string = "rdcaccount_id='1'";
- and -
$account_id_string = "rdcaccount_id IN ('1', '$account_id')";

are changed to include the table name, as in:
$account_id_string = "$this->tablename.rdcaccount_id='1'";
- and -
$account_id_string = "$this->tablename.rdcaccount_id IN ('1', '$account_id')";

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #1996 is a reply to message #1990] Mon, 20 April 2009 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That has resolved the crash due to the ambiguous reference, but I'm not getting the expected results now. However, that's more likely to be my coding! I'm going to spend some time testing and will get back to you if I require further assistance.

Thanks for your help resolving the initial problem.

Graham
Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #1997 is a reply to message #1990] Mon, 20 April 2009 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Of course it WAS my coding - my SQL is a bit rusty and I was getting a cartesian product across the two tables. I needed to specify manually a join between the rdcaccount_id on each table. Everything working perfectly now.

Thanks again.

Graham
Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2009 is a reply to message #1990] Tue, 21 April 2009 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am doing regression testing prior to releasing this change into my production environment and have come across a side effect. I'm not sure yet whether this is because my original code was not robust, or whether the change to std.table.class.inc has introduced a bug.

I have a couple of LIST1 transactions from which I make a selection before navigating to a child form. The child form access a table for which rdcaccount_id is part of the primary key (but the initial table does not use rdcaccount_id as it is shared data), and with the updated std.table.class.inc the error message

Primary key (rdcaccount_id) is not complete - check selection

is displayed.

Any ideas?

Graham
Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2010 is a reply to message #2009] Tue, 21 April 2009 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you saying that the table accessed by the child task is not the same as the table accessed by the LIST1 task? And that the child table contains rdcaccount_id as part of its primary key while the LIST1 table does not?

Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2011 is a reply to message #1990] Tue, 21 April 2009 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. I get the feeling you're gonna tell me that's not a good idea!
Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2012 is a reply to message #2011] Tue, 21 April 2009 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm just conducting a test with my development environment and I can see where this error is being generated. In the 'isPkeyComplete()' method it is looking for an entry with the name 'rdcaccount_id' and not finding it because it exists as '<tablename>.rdcaccount_id'. I am in the process of amending my code to deal with both possibilities. I will upload the fix shortly.

Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2013 is a reply to message #2012] Tue, 21 April 2009 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The attached file contains all the updates which will be in the next release, plus the fix for your problem. Try it out and see if it works.

Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2014 is a reply to message #1990] Tue, 21 April 2009 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This version solves the problem as described. During testing I found another similar variation, which gave the primary key not complete error. This version solves the error but the transaction behaviour has changed.

The scenario is a LIST1 transaction using a table WITH rdcaccount_id in the primary key navigating to a LINK transaction linking to a table WITHOUT rdcaccount_id. The link table itself has rdcaccount_id and the primary key of the second table as its key.

Previously the form displayed all entries from the secondary table, with the linked rows marked as selected.

Now the form only displays the linked entries, so I've lost the ability to link and unlink entries.

I suspect the problem is as a result of the design of the keys I have used being impacted by the correction in the framework. I was linking to the outer table using ONLY rdcaccount_id because my application forces that only one entry can exist in the outer table per rdcaccount_id. I probably need to add another field as key (in fact I have, but didn't make any app changes as it worked ok).

If you think it might still be a bug in the framework please let me know. I'll hold off changing my app till you've had chance to consider it.

Graham
Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2015 is a reply to message #2014] Thu, 23 April 2009 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found the problem. When constructing the SELECT statement for the LINK table it was adding an extraneous
AND <link_table>.rdcaccount_id='whatever'

to the WHERE clause. By removing it I got it to select the correct records. The attached file contains the fix.

Re: override auto rdcaccount_id clause in a manually extended SQL [message #2016 is a reply to message #1990] Thu, 23 April 2009 05:16 Go to previous message
Excellent thanks. That seems to work fine now.
Previous Topic: Use Messages[] in a LIST1 transaction
Next Topic: Dynamic Task Selection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:04:35 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01574 seconds