Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » problem extending a table class
problem extending a table class [message #2076] Fri, 15 May 2009 11:40 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Problem below solved - please ignore.
I had forgotten to update the screen file with the new inner table class name.
---------------------------
I am trying to tidy up my code by extending a table class to use with a navigation button (so I don't have to test for the value of $GLOBALS['task_id'] everywhere. However, I am getting strange results. To investigate the problem I have created a new completely empty table class as an extension of an existing table class. All code is therefore inherited, and there is no new code.
I am initially viewing data using a LIST2 transaction and the existing table class with all the code. When I then use a navigation button go to a MULTI2 transaction based on the extended (empty) table class the 2nd screen is displayed but with no data (it should display the same data).
If I base the MULTI2 transaction on the existing table class, all the data is displayed correctly on the 2nd screen.
Using my debugger I can see that the call to getData is retrieving all the correct data (in all screnarios). I think something is going wrong in the building of the XML, but can't track this in the debugger (and don't have enough knowledge of it).
Can you give me any suggestions how to diagnose further?
Thanks,
Graham

[Updated on: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem extending a table class [message #2077 is a reply to message #2076] Sat, 16 May 2009 05:04 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you name your subclass as '<tablename>_snn' (where 'nn' is a 2 digit number) then you can still use '<tablename>' in your screen structure script. If, however, you name your subclass as anything else then you MUST set the class name in the screen structure script to that name.

This is documented in FAQ38c.

Previous Topic: Return from help screens
Next Topic: Default the select checkbox to 'selected'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:00:28 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00999 seconds