Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Display a message in an ADD2 transaction
Display a message in an ADD2 transaction [message #2110] Sat, 06 June 2009 12:41 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
I want to display a message at the start of an ADD2 transaction under certain circumstances.

I've tried setting $this->messages[] in both the initialise() and getinitialData() methods but the message is not displayed.

Do I need to do this in another method?
Re: Display a message in an ADD2 transaction [message #2111 is a reply to message #2110] Sat, 06 June 2009 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
What version of Radicore are you using? The latest version definitely contains code to extract messages just before the screen is displayed.

Re: Display a message in an ADD2 transaction [message #2112 is a reply to message #2110] Sat, 06 June 2009 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm definitely using 1.48 now. Messages seem to work ok in the other places I'm using them but not in this case.
Re: Display a message in an ADD2 transaction [message #2113 is a reply to message #2112] Sat, 06 June 2009 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just done a test by creating a message in the _cm_getInitialData() method, and it is definitely appearing. Can you step through with your debugger to see what is happening? Any messages should be extracted at line 170.

Re: Display a message in an ADD2 transaction [message #2114 is a reply to message #2110] Mon, 08 June 2009 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think I have found the problem...

When I was reading the documentation I noted that you can use $messages (string) for a single message and $messages[] (array) for multiple messages. However, originally I forgot to use $this-> so of course it didn't work when I tried either the string or the array structures.

When I realised my mistake not using $this-> I only used the string structure $this->messages, and this still doesn't work.
Using the array structure $this->messages[] does work.
Re: Display a message in an ADD2 transaction [message #2115 is a reply to message #2114] Mon, 08 June 2009 06:12 Go to previous message
That's my mistake Embarassed

I shall change all my page controllers to use $dbobject->getMessages() instead of $dbobject->messages as this will allow $this->messages to be either a string or an array.

Previous Topic: Restrict the input size of a multi-line text box
Next Topic: System Shutdown Times
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:06:33 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01050 seconds