Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Suddenly 'Not Logged On'
Suddenly 'Not Logged On' [message #2186] Fri, 03 July 2009 12:00 Go to next message
ajwid01 is currently offline  ajwid01
Hello there,

I last "touched" my Radicore installation a couple of days ago, and at that time, everything appeared to be functioning normally.

I am seeing no 'changed' files since that time, and my Apache access logs are showing that everything was functioning 'as expected' at that time.

However, just today, when I have returned to demonstrate a 'proof of concept', I am receiving a:

2009-07-03 14:49:02
Fatal Error: oci_execute() [function.oci-execute]: ORA-01012: not logged on (# 1012).

SQL query: SELECT * FROM global_name

Error in line 323 of file 'C:\Program Files\Zend\Core For Oracle\ZendFramework\library\dml.oracle.php5.class.inc'.

Database: //121.0.3.7/cube

PHP_SELF: /radicore/menu/logon.php

SERVER_ADDR: 127.0.0.1

SERVER_NAME: 127.0.0.1

HTTP_HOST: 127.0.0.1

REMOTE_ADDR: 127.0.0.1

REQUEST_URI: /radicore/menu/logon.php?csxslt=on

error.

I can alter the logon password in the config.inc, and I receive an incorrect username/password instead of this - which leads me to believe that the actual connection phase must be proceeding normally - but then a follow-on lookup to the database is acting as though we're not actually logged on.

This confuses me...

I would have expected a "logging on" error message (similar to the username/password issue) to have occurred if we weren't logged on.

Considering nothing has changed since Wednesday, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's causing this.

I'll likely setup a database-side logon trigger to capture database session initiation capturing hereafter, to see if I can see what's happening at that point in time.

Just thought I would mention this incidence of this issue in the interim.

Rolling Eyes

- Tony.
Re: Suddenly 'Not Logged On' [message #2187 is a reply to message #2186] Fri, 03 July 2009 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I've googled for ORA-01012 and it would appear to be a problem with your Oracle database, such as too many instances, or the listener has died.

When I run Radicore on either of my development PCs (one with PHP4 and one with PHP5) they both work OK, but perhaps that is because I am running with a small number of instances.

Re: Suddenly 'Not Logged On' [message #2188 is a reply to message #2186] Mon, 06 July 2009 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Strange,

I could not get any information captured via a logon trigger for a successful connect to the DB from the application, even though there was no error occurring for the connection.

There were no apparent problems at the database-side.

However, just "fiddling", I altered the function that establishes the database connection from using 'oci_pconnect' to just use 'oci_connect', and suddenly everything was working again!

Rolling Eyes

T.
Re: Suddenly 'Not Logged On' [message #2189 is a reply to message #2188] Mon, 06 July 2009 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason that I use 'oci_pconnect' is that when running on my development PC is uses a single persistent connection, wheras when I used 'oci_connect' is created a new connection with each request, then quickly ran out of connections.

Perhaps there is a way to configure Oracle to get around this bijoux problemette?

Re: Suddenly 'Not Logged On' [message #2190 is a reply to message #2186] Mon, 06 July 2009 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony,

With the change-over of the connection type, I'm not seeing a persistent user in there now, but this doesn't seem to be preventing any kind of problems.

Can you give me any information as to the error messages that get generated in your development platform?

I expected I might start to see numerous connections getting established and not released, which over time would lead to an exhaustion of either 'processes' or 'sessions' at the Oracle resource level.

I had (earlier) noticed I had 3-4 sessions in the DB that hadn't been released when Radicore was not in use; this being at the time when I didn't seem to have any problems utilising the 'oci_pconnect' function.

I'm just confuzzled as to why using this kind of connection was fine for these last 2-3 weeks, and then suddenly won't work anymore.

T.
Re: Suddenly 'Not Logged On' [message #2191 is a reply to message #2190] Mon, 06 July 2009 05:39 Go to previous message
I've tried running for a while by using 'oci_connect' instead of 'oci_pconnect', but I cannot get it to fail. Perhaps this problem has just disappeared of its own accord.

At least you've got your application working again, so that's the main thing.

Previous Topic: Provide a dynamic custom title for a report
Next Topic: nameof_start_date error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:31:18 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01102 seconds