Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Application Development » Problem with read/update of a selected entry
Problem with read/update of a selected entry [message #2617] Fri, 27 August 2010 07:56 Go to next message
dsstanescu is currently offline  dsstanescu
Hello,

I created a subsystem, imported the database and the tables, created the tasks/menus, everything was fine.

Now I have the following problem.

In one of the task menus, the listing (list1) of the related table is working fine, but when I select a row (any one, doesn't matter) I cannot access either read or update and I receive the error message "Nothing has been selected yet.".

This happens on only one task menu (table), in all the rest the select followed by read/update works fine.

Best regards,
Dan
Re: Problem with read/update of a selected entry [message #2618 is a reply to message #2617] Fri, 27 August 2010 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I cannot possibly tell what is wrong from such a vague description, especially as this problem does not occur in any of my tests. You will have to step through with your debugger to see what selection string is constructed in the LIST1 task which is passed to the child (ENQ1, DEL1 or UPD1) task. Either a bad string is being constructed, or it is being mangled by the receiving task.

I assume that your database table does have a primary key?

Re: Problem with read/update of a selected entry [message #2619 is a reply to message #2618] Fri, 27 August 2010 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dsstanescu is currently offline  dsstanescu
Yes, it has a primary key. I re-imported the columns of the table and it works.

Best regards,
Dan
Re: Problem with read/update of a selected entry [message #2969 is a reply to message #2617] Sat, 12 May 2012 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hydraulic is currently offline  hydraulic
What is the role of primary key in the database while reading or updating the entry.

hydra aroua

[Updated on: Sat, 12 May 2012 04:48] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with read/update of a selected entry [message #2970 is a reply to message #2969] Sat, 12 May 2012 04:52 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Please refer to this wikipedia entry.

Previous Topic: new field for file upload transaction
Next Topic: Using UUID / GUID as primary keys
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:59:12 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01241 seconds