Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » add another action button to enquire form
add another action button to enquire form [message #2624] Fri, 01 October 2010 04:52 Go to next message
dsstanescu is currently offline  dsstanescu
Hi,

I would appreciate your advice regarding the following:

- I want to add another action button for a selected item from my "components" table. Thus, user selects an item from the "components" table and now has 2 buttons, "copy" and "close". The third button ("visualize") will permit him to launch an external program (e.g. Autocad) to visualize the selected item. The launched program will have as argument a filename path stored in the database for each component.

Please help with some hints, regarding the steps/.inc file to modify in order to achieve this. ... especially how to access the filename which is a column in the components table.

Thanks!
Re: add another action button to enquire form [message #2625 is a reply to message #2624] Fri, 01 October 2010 11:22 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You cannot add any exta buttons to the action bar, only the navigation bar. You simply create a new task to do what you want, then you add it to the list of navigation buttons for the relevant parent task.

I assume you know how to launch an external program in PHP and pass parameters to it.

Previous Topic: Dropdown - value of foreign key
Next Topic: Delete with Cascade
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:05:05 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01023 seconds