Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Has anyone had a successful WAMP installation? (Need to see a step by step Wamp install layout)
Has anyone had a successful WAMP installation? [message #2627] Tue, 26 October 2010 13:30 Go to next message
cheyennemtnman is currently offline  cheyennemtnman
I extracted the zip in my www root for a Wamp server on a Windows Vista Ultimate PC but I am not clear what the next step should be to get this thing rolling... anyone have step by step for a Wamp server installation? Or an installation php for Wamp?
Thank you for your consideration in advance...

Re: Has anyone had a successful WAMP installation? [message #3213 is a reply to message #2627] Tue, 18 December 2012 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
markcarranza is currently offline  markcarranza
Radicore installation on Windows 7 IIS, PHP 5.3
NOTE: this may only work with IIS7 and above, YMMV. Hopefully, nobody uses Vista anymore.

There are two issues I found with Radicore on IIS (Windows 7):
- php_xsl extension is usually not installed in PHP
- Need to use '.user.ini' instead of '.htaccess'

To fix:
1) make sure your php directory has the file ext\php_xsl.dll
- if you did not install it, you can get it from the php install zip file (not the Installer)

2) in [php.ini]
; [uncomment user_ini.filename]
; Name for user-defined php.ini (.htaccess) files. Default is ".user.ini"
user_ini.filename = ".user.ini"
; [add in extensions area]
extension=php_xsl.dll

3) create [.user.ini] in root of your Radicore site, set 'include_path' to the Radicore includes directory. Example:
include_path = ".;C:\clients\xyz\office.xyz.com\website\includes"

4) restart IIS
You should see the XSL extension in phpinfo.php.

NOTE: on one machine, with an older version of PHP 5.3, Radicore still got Fatal Error: XSL functions are not available. (# 256). in errorlog.html. Refreshing phpinfo.php page, the PHP XSL extension area appeared and disappeared on alternating refreshes (!). I reinstalled latest PHP 5.3 using the Installer, included the XSL extension, and the problem went away.
Re: Has anyone had a successful WAMP installation? [message #3718 is a reply to message #2627] Thu, 02 May 2013 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheronlevis is currently offline  sheronlevis
IIS used to be the new concept and hence was not properly utilized. But internet information server can carry lots of crucial tasks and it is one of the major part of .net framework.

Sheron Levis
Re: Has anyone had a successful WAMP installation? [message #3720 is a reply to message #3718] Thu, 02 May 2013 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
And what has IIS to do with WAMP installations?

Re: Has anyone had a successful WAMP installation? [message #3984 is a reply to message #3720] Sun, 01 December 2013 10:29 Go to previous message
jbusciglio is currently offline  jbusciglio
yes, installs on wamp just fine. I'll put together a quick step by step for a fresh install. It's pretty much just like installing any other framework tho the table creation is not automated, but really if you are using radicore, you should be hands on with the db anyways.
Previous Topic: V1.73.0 cannot logon
Next Topic: V1.82 - postgresql 9.3.3 - Can't login
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:06:35 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01000 seconds