Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » RIGHT JOIN in LINK
RIGHT JOIN in LINK [message #2647] Sun, 02 January 2011 16:25 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
Is it possible to create a LINK entity that restricts the number of possible combinations by using a RIGHT JOIN rather than a CROSS JOIN?

I can write the SQL to obtain the results I want but can only get the framework to generate a CROSS JOIN in a LINK transaction?

If not can I hardcode my statement to be used by a LINK transaction? I have tried setting $this->sql_select, $this->sql_from and $this->sql_where in _cm_pre_getData() but this generates a statement with both a CROSS JOIN and a RIGHT JOIN. I can't seem to avoid the CROSS JOIN!
Re: RIGHT JOIN in LINK [message #2648 is a reply to message #2647] Mon, 03 January 2011 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you want to restrict the number of records which are returned then what is wrong with using search criteria? Surely that is much easier than changing the JOIN clause?

Re: RIGHT JOIN in LINK [message #2649 is a reply to message #2648] Mon, 03 January 2011 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
OK I've added a search navigation button to the link screen and of course it works.

However, this is a logical implementation on top of the physical one and I don't want the user to have to manually search, as the other link entities are logically invalid.

Is there a way to implement a filter automatically?
Re: RIGHT JOIN in LINK [message #2650 is a reply to message #2649] Mon, 03 January 2011 09:55 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You can hard-code the search criteria into the task either by putting code into the relevant table class, or by putting it into the 'Selection (fixed)' area of the task's details as described in http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/menuguide/appendixd.htm l#selection-fixed

Previous Topic: grandparent - parent - child link entity
Next Topic: Display combined fields on Output3 report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:50:57 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00950 seconds