Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Printing Labels
Printing Labels [message #2652] Thu, 06 January 2011 06:19 Go to next message
gpatti is currently offline  gpatti
I would like to be able to print labels where a label sheet may contain 2, 3 or 4 labels across a sheet. Could a new output pattern be created for this, or is there a way to use the existing patterns to easily achieve this?
Re: Printing Labels [message #2654 is a reply to message #2652] Thu, 06 January 2011 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
It depends how you print your labels. I have an application where one method is to send an XML document to the printer via email (using the UPDATE4 pattern), and another which creates a PDF document (using the OUTPUT3 pattern).

Re: Printing Labels [message #2655 is a reply to message #2652] Thu, 06 January 2011 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My preference is to use PDF output. How are you putting groups of sequential data onto the same row, before moving to the next row?
Re: Printing Labels [message #2656 is a reply to message #2655] Thu, 06 January 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By using names such as address1, address2 and address3. This means that a single output row is constructed from 3 input rows.

Re: Printing Labels [message #2781 is a reply to message #2656] Fri, 19 August 2011 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Need some help with this as I can't seem to get my head around it. I can't figure out how to get subsequent input rows of data onto the same output line. I'm thinking I need to fetch the next row(s) of data prior to printing the output row, e.g. in _cm_listView_print_before(), but what is the mechanism to do this correctly?
Re: Printing Labels [message #2782 is a reply to message #2781] Fri, 19 August 2011 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to put data from multiple rows on the same page, whether they are from the same table or different tables, you need to read Body contents (detail view - multiple). You then need to use the _cm_output_multi() method in order to read multiple rows to construct an output row.

Re: Printing Labels [message #2783 is a reply to message #2782] Fri, 19 August 2011 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I looked at those, but what I can't figure out is how to control the processing of rows from the input table. The example describes how to get additional data from elsewhere to construct the output row, but I need the next one (or two rows) from the serial data. Once I have printed that line (in fact group of lines for address labels) I want to move to the next row in the input table and repeat for the next group of lines.

It's like trying to print a listview, but going horizontally for two or three rows and then moving to the next line.

Do you have a real example of how to achieve this?

Thanks
Re: Printing Labels [message #2784 is a reply to message #2783] Mon, 22 August 2011 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have any examples of how to produce address labels from a table of names and addresses? Thanks.
Re: Printing Labels [message #2785 is a reply to message #2784] Tue, 23 August 2011 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am in the process of putting together some examples of how to print 2-up or 3-up labels. In order to make it as easy as possible I have had to make some changes to the framework code. I will release an update very shortly.

Re: Printing Labels [message #2790 is a reply to message #2785] Thu, 25 August 2011 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have now released a new version of RADICORE which includes a new Transaction Pattern for printing address labels. Take a look at OUTPUT5.

Two samples are available in the XAMPLE application. On the 'List Option' screen there are buttons for 'LABELS (2-UP)' and 'LABELS (3-UP)'.

Re: Printing Labels [message #2792 is a reply to message #2790] Thu, 25 August 2011 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I'll download that and give it a try.
Re: Printing Labels [message #2878 is a reply to message #2652] Wed, 25 January 2012 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john.chriss is currently offline  john.chriss
I want to print labels for my store products. Will i use the same pattern for it or is there any special printing pattern for store items.

John Chriss
printing stickers
Re: Printing Labels [message #2879 is a reply to message #2878] Wed, 25 January 2012 18:12 Go to previous message
The contents of the label is entirely up to you. I provide the basic pattern, you fill in the details.

Previous Topic: Tutorial Part 4 - Figure 6
Next Topic: Field Alignment and formatting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:55:30 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01334 seconds