Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » Allow multiple roles for each user?
Allow multiple roles for each user? [message #2977] Mon, 14 May 2012 12:56 Go to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The Radicore framework assigns transaction access permissions to user roles, then allows each user to be assigned to a single role. Is there anybody out there who would like to have the ability to assign more than one role to a user?

icon14.gif  Re: Allow multiple roles for each user? [message #3249 is a reply to message #2977] Thu, 27 December 2012 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jjtoranzo2004 is currently offline  jjtoranzo2004
Tony,

I would like the ability to assign more than one role to a user. It would simplify the assigning of tasks to a role.
Re: Allow multiple roles for each user? [message #3252 is a reply to message #3249] Thu, 27 December 2012 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How exactly would it simplify it? Surely assigning one role with one set of tasks is simpler than assigning multiple roles each with its own set of sometimes duplicated tasks?

A problem I have realised with the idea of allowing multiple roles per user is that the user's starting task, after they have passed through the logon screen, is identified on the role details. So which start task do I use if the user has multiple roles?

Re: Allow multiple roles for each user? [message #3932 is a reply to message #3252] Thu, 21 November 2013 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony, I was thinking of assigning possibly more than one role, each one with mutually exclusive tasks (not with duplicated tasks).
For example, having these roles:

*read_and_search
*create and modify
*delete

Or these roles:
*good and services
*stock control
*sales
*shipping
*human resources

I think the problem of multiple starting tasks can be solved having a hierarchy of roles.

Thanks.
Re: Allow multiple roles for each user? [message #3933 is a reply to message #3932] Thu, 21 November 2013 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You mean by assigning a sequence number to each role? Then the role with the lowest sequence number will provide the starting task. Having a hierarchy of roles, with a senior role and a junior role, sounds too complicated to me.

Re: Allow multiple roles for each user? [message #3937 is a reply to message #3933] Thu, 21 November 2013 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I mean a sequence number. Like the one that is in the screen
Maintain Menu Items (1)
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/menuguide/mnu_menu(mult i2).html

I agree that having a true hierarchy of roles with a senior role and a junior role, and so on, is too complicated.
Re: Allow multiple roles for each user? [message #4589 is a reply to message #3937] Sun, 05 October 2014 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I implemented this feature in version 1.83.0, but it does not use a sequence number to identify the primary role (from which the starting task is obtained) it uses a boolean IS_PRIMARY flag instead. Only one role can have this flag set to TRUE.

Re: Allow multiple roles for each user? [message #7843 is a reply to message #4589] Tue, 28 November 2023 03:55 Go to previous message
A sequence number, plus a start and end date, were added to the MNU_USER_ROLE table in version 2.5.0 in August 2017. This will allow roles to become active or inactive on certain dates. The available role with the lowest sort_seq will provide the starting task.

Previous Topic: Replace jquery in framework
Next Topic: (re-)introducing Dependency Injection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:22:25 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07913 seconds