Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » component scripts
component scripts [message #231] Sat, 05 August 2006 08:50 Go to next message
semcycle is currently offline  semcycle
tony -

what would be your thoughts on having the data dictionary create the standard (upd, enq, del, list, search) component scripts and a couple of all inclusive screen structure scripts when exporting the table class & dict to php

and maybe even add the corresponding tasks to the menu database at the same time ?

sem

Sem Abrahams
www.semcycle.com
Re: component scripts [message #232 is a reply to message #231] Sat, 05 August 2006 09:20 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I have actually thought about that and put it on my 'to-do' list, but I think it should be driven from the task definition screen and not the data dictionary. The type of component script and screen structure file that you need is not known until you choose the pattern id, and this is only available on the task entry screen. Not every database table needs a List1, Add1, Enquire1, Delete1, Update1 and Search1 combination, so I think it would be best to wait until you have decided exactly what pattern you actually want before creating the code for that pattern.

UPDATE: As of October 2006 in version 1.17.0 there is the "Generate PHP" task available from Home>Dict>Databases>Table>Read. This will generate component scripts and add the relevant entries to the MENU database. Simply select the database table followed by the pattern id and all will be revealed.

Previous Topic: Download file control
Next Topic: Validation plug-ins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:13:07 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00895 seconds