Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » EMAIL Transaction type (Manage simple mailing lists based on data)
EMAIL Transaction type [message #3423] Sun, 03 February 2013 06:57 Go to next message
johnftr is currently offline  johnftr
It seems to me that many people have created their own applications to manage various lists - and that the 'email' column is now in nearly every database connected with people.

There are many bespoke applications out there that can create and manage mailing lists. However the data is normally separate from one's own databases / tables.

One of my applications makes use of the mailto: tag along the lines of:
<a href="mailto:xxx@bdnw.org.uk?bcc= xx.xxx@hampshire.pnn.police.uk;xxx.o'xxx@hampshire.pnn.police.uk;">Click here to send to officers in 3BB03 </a>

The tag is simply built up using each record's email address. When this link is clicked one's favoured email application fires up and the address lists populated.

Just a thought!
Re: EMAIL Transaction type [message #3424 is a reply to message #3423] Sun, 03 February 2013 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
What exactly are you suggesting?

Re: EMAIL Transaction type [message #3425 is a reply to message #3424] Sun, 03 February 2013 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnftr is currently offline  johnftr
I was wondering if such a function / transaction type could be considered for inclusion in a future release.
To try and explain a bit more - assume there is a table with a column for email addresses and that the contents of that specified column could be used to create a malto: tag for those records that may have been filtered / selected.
As the tag is not completed until all records have been processed it's along the lines of a summary line - made up of the concatenated email addresses.

You already have address labels as a transaction type - this would be the email equivalent where the mail is sent outside of the application just as the address labels are printed outside of the application. I'm most definitely not looking for an automated mailing function within the framework. There is enough spam in the world already!

Re: EMAIL Transaction type [message #3426 is a reply to message #3425] Sun, 03 February 2013 11:59 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
This is something that can be built as an application component, and not as a common transaction pattern.

Previous Topic: detail view header
Next Topic: Date picker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:49:16 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01008 seconds