Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Application Development » Scheduling Application? (Application Similar to Classrooms but for personnel, resources, and a Calendar)
Scheduling Application? [message #3460] Fri, 08 February 2013 10:15 Go to next message
tacorad is currently offline  tacorad
I am looking to build an application from Radicore for planning, scheduling and resource management.

The workflow is simple: Someone creates a new task request by filling out a form, and it goes through a series of approvals and modifications / additions. This is the workflow.

At one level of approval, a calendar gets populated with the estimated completion date for a task. At this point, a schedule is built around this completion date, with the addition of resources, personnel, and vehicles needed to get the task done.

Can Radicore help me with this, or is Radicore a bit overkill for such a straightforward app? I havent found a way that Radicore can easily visualize a calendar view for me yet. Also, I am more of an XML, PHP expert than I am MySQL. One nice thing about Radicore is, once the DB schema are created, it helps create transactions.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan
Re: Scheduling Application? [message #3463 is a reply to message #3460] Sat, 09 February 2013 07:10 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I'm afraid that the nearest thing I have to a calendar view in RADICORE is in the classroom scheduling prototype. This shows the schedule for a week starting at 9am and finishing at 5pm for a resource such as a room, a teacher, a lesson, a class or a student.

This prototype is available in the online demo, and is also included in the download. Take a look at it to see if it comes close to what you want.

Previous Topic: Using UUID / GUID as primary keys
Next Topic: Print reports automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:20:13 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01008 seconds