Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » Date picker
Date picker [message #3480] Tue, 12 February 2013 20:43 Go to next message
jjtoranzo2004 is currently offline  jjtoranzo2004
Tony,

It would be nice if Radicore had a Date Picker analogous to the File Picker ( http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/dialog-types.html#filep icker)
it already has.

The date picker could be invoked from a parent function with a popup button next to a date entry field.

It could be like a List1 screen but with multiple columns.

Perhaps you could reuse some code of http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/showsource.php?file=cal endar.php

Re: Date picker [message #3481 is a reply to message #3480] Wed, 13 February 2013 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If people want a date picker they usually go for the javascript option. There's a sample in the 'example' prototype application which is included in the Radicore download.

Re: Date picker [message #3485 is a reply to message #3481] Wed, 13 February 2013 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jjtoranzo2004 is currently offline  jjtoranzo2004
Tony,

I know that people generally use javascript for that. But I would like to avoid it, as I dislike it as much as you do.

Developers would appreciate if Radicore had a standard date picker (without any incompatibilities between browsers) and
available from any screen (Add, Search, Update) where users can enter dates.

However, I will try to find the javascript date picker in the 'example' prototype application, and see how it works.

Thanks again.

Re: Date picker [message #3486 is a reply to message #3485] Wed, 13 February 2013 07:49 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
I think that having a separate form like a popup just to select a date would be overkill for a lot of people. It would be easier just to enter the date you wanted in a text field.

But you are talking about a list of valid dates rather than just any date in the calendar, you could have your own table of valid dates, then have a standard popup (or perhaps even a dropdown) to display the contents of this table.

Previous Topic: EMAIL Transaction type
Next Topic: date validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:18:31 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01055 seconds