Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Document Management like workflow (Some questions on a doc management like workflow)
Document Management like workflow [message #2170] Thu, 25 June 2009 11:29 Go to previous message
Kiple is currently offline  Kiple
Hi,

I am investigating building a workflow that is similar to the submit/review/approve workflow usually associated with document management. But I've hit a few gaps in my knowledge in Radicore.

1. Inserting a new record will trigger the workflow start. I do not want to be able to edit existing approved records. When the edit task is fired, I would expect to insert a new record with an increased revision. This gives me two tasks that should trigger the workflow start but workflows can only have one trigger task. Anyone know of a different way of doing this?

2. The record tasks (review, approve, delete) appear on the nav bar depending upon the permissions of the user. But these are also part of the workflow but the buttons appear even if the task is not ready to fire on the work flow. Have I got my permissions set up wrong?

Thanks for any comments

Regards

Kiple

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: MULTI4 Update Problem
Next Topic: Provide a dynamic custom title for a report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:32:45 EDT 2024