Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Firebird support
Firebird support [message #786] Wed, 25 April 2007 03:02 Go to previous message
ptimmermans is currently offline  ptimmermans
Hi,

I have downloaded the Radicore package and I am now in the process of getting Radicore to support the Firebird open source RDBMS. I was wondering what steps I have to take (and in what order) to port Radicore to support Firebird?

I started with the Data Dictionary. I have created a folder radicore\dict\sql\firebird and reworked the MySQL/Oracle files dict-schema.sql and dict-data.sql. Then I created the Data Dictionary database DICT.FDB (I attached a zipfile of these files to this message).

What I understood from the documentation is that I have to create the Audit, Menu (RBAC), and Workflow databases as well? I assume that it is possible to generate the ???-schema.sql from the Data Dictionary? But how? I probably first have to port the includes\dml.<database>.class.inc file, so I started with a dml.firebird.class.inc file, based upon dml.mysql.class.inc. But Firebird is not compatible with either MySQL or Oracle. E.g. there is no ibase_num_rows, no autoinc fields (but sequences like Oracle). So porting is not that straightforward.

Please, I need some help.
  • Attachment: dict.zip
    (Size: 118.94KB, Downloaded 1194 times)

Cheers,
Patrick Timmermans

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message