Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Application Development » Choose null on add3 popup (Query on code)
Choose null on add3 popup [message #4044] Wed, 15 January 2014 12:53 Go to previous message
David Lee is currently offline  David Lee
Please could you confirm if the select null option is correctly handled in add3. I found that on return from the popup, $selection is "table_index=''". It appears to me that if, on the initialisation in std.add3.inc, the code is

$where = $dbobject->initialise($where, $selection);

then the message 'Nothing selected from popup screen' appears, which I would regard as correct behaviour. However, the actual code is

$null = null;
$where = $dbobject->initialise($where, $null);

which causes further code to be executed instead of returning quickly, and, for me then produced an sql error, possibly because of some other bug in my code.

Checking to see how other add3 screens in the system work, I could not find any which did not have the "choose null" button suppressed, but the cancel button servers the same purpose. It may be that the quickest work round for me is to suppress that button in my application, but I thought I would raise it here first for advice.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New window for graphics
Next Topic: Compound foreign keys in linking tables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:05:03 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.59635 seconds