Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Batch Script connecting two databases in an Extract Tranform Load (ETL) Design Pattern (Do you have any advice about how to structure a program that will be moving data between pgsql and sqlsrv databases?)
Batch Script connecting two databases in an Extract Tranform Load (ETL) Design Pattern [message #4749] Fri, 22 May 2015 18:14 Go to previous message
rafs is currently offline  rafs
I apologize if this is too off-topic, but I am hoping you might have a suggestion for how I might proceed to use your radicore infrastructure for an ETL solution. There is an older sqlsrv database with four sets of tables, each set of tables is similar to the other sets with the addition of some peculiarities/customizations. I have redesigned the schema to consolidate each of the four sets into a single set of tables (that encompasses all of the union of all customizations). I am connecting to the databases and have all of my classes created via the radicore IMPORT DATABASES and TABLES and COLUMNS, etc, then EXPORT PHP. This is all fine.

There are three directions I am considering, as to where to put my code to make the transformations: (1) just a jumble of procedures (functions) in my main script code to transform an array of one type to an array of another type; (2) create a new class called Transformer that takes ($fieldarray, $classname) and returns $fieldarray of the equivalent type (from its opposite database); or (3) to put the transformation code into the std.table.class.inc and extend it in the subclasses.

If (3), then maybe defining:
$fieldarray_transformed = getData_transformed($where);

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to use actions(submit,submitstay,copy,quit)
Next Topic: tutorial4 Viewing the Tree structure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 22:25:32 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01221 seconds