Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Batch Script connecting two databases in an Extract Tranform Load (ETL) Design Pattern (Do you have any advice about how to structure a program that will be moving data between pgsql and sqlsrv databases?)
Re: Batch Script connecting two databases in an Extract Tranform Load (ETL) Design Pattern [message #4781 is a reply to message #4774] Thu, 18 June 2015 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rafs is currently offline  rafs
Hi Tony,

Can you give me some pointers? (1) Do you have a description on how to make use of the parent/child relationships defined on a table? Presently, I am only able to use a single instance of a table, and the getData with $where argument to retrieve arrays of data. I want to understand if I can make better use of the relationships between objects.

If a package has many files, and a file has many lines, where the
converse can also be true--that a line can belong to many files, and packages.
packages --< packages_files >-- files --< files_lines >-- lines

The lines already exist, but I want to create new files and packages from lines.
I want to select several sets of lines, then create a new file for each set, then create a package from these files. And, I want all of the cross/joining tables (packages_files, and files_lines) to be updated as well.

$lines = RDCsingleton::getInstance('lines');
$lines->sql_where = "id > 100 AND id < 200";
$lines_data = $lines->getData();

(2) What is the difference between putting my where clause in sql_where, vs into $where?

$files_lines = RDCsingleton::getInstance('files_lines');
$files = RDCsingleton::getInstance('files');

$file_array = array('id'=>null, 'name'=>"file1");
$files_data = $files->insertRecord($file_array)[0];

(3) Can the parent or child table class handle these inserts into the linking tables for me? Or do I need to instantiate them and do it in a loop or something?

foreach ($lines_data as $i => $row) {
$files_lines_data = $files_lines->insertRecord($files_data['id', $row['id'])[0];
}
$packages = RDCsingleton::getInstance('packages');

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to use actions(submit,submitstay,copy,quit)
Next Topic: tutorial4 Viewing the Tree structure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:55:51 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01715 seconds