Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Batch Script connecting two databases in an Extract Tranform Load (ETL) Design Pattern (Do you have any advice about how to structure a program that will be moving data between pgsql and sqlsrv databases?)
Re: Batch Script connecting two databases in an Extract Tranform Load (ETL) Design Pattern [message #4783 is a reply to message #4782] Fri, 19 June 2015 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rafs is currently offline  rafs
Tony,

Which transaction patterns would I use for the following relationships below where _X_ are the joining tables with only the foreign keys of the two parents' primary keys, and the added wrinkle that lines have many line_versions, but each line has only one "current_line_version"?

packages --< packages_X_files >-- files --< files_X_lines >-- lines --< line_versions

If I were to build the web interface, (just to see how the parts fit togther)...
(0) One interface would be for viewing all lines, showing only the details of the current line_versions. LIST1 with some modified join somehow?

(1) Another view would for listing line_versions for a line: LIST2, I think. With CRUD operations for line_versions. Which page would be appropriate for choosing which line_version to set as the current line_version for the line?

(2) I want to create a package, then create files of lines but only by choosing from the set of currently active versions of the lines. (Any current line can go into any file. Should this be a "Multi 3", or two separate LINK1s?

[I will add that almost all of the data for a line is in line_versions.]

[Updated on: Sat, 20 June 2015 01:53]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to use actions(submit,submitstay,copy,quit)
Next Topic: tutorial4 Viewing the Tree structure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:02:47 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01263 seconds