Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Menu and Security » Jump Control
Jump Control [message #552] Mon, 22 January 2007 00:16 Go to previous message
ljkbrost is currently offline  ljkbrost
I am working with a system where I would like to have a dash board with quick links to perform common actions. Specifically I would like to have a simple drop down box with a 'add' button that will broker the call to the add screen for that particular record type.

If my system has people, departments, and companies, I would like the 'go' button to automatically jump the interface forward to the 'Add people', 'Add departments', or 'Add Company' screens. Once the record is added it would be best to be in the 'list' view for that record type.

I understand that from working with the framework that after the 'add' operation the system always jumps back to the previous screen. To accomplish this, I would have to map the 'go' button to jump to the 'list' screen and then instantly redirect to the 'add' screen. This way things unwind the way I would like them to.

Are there any helper functions that would help be perform this navigation? Or do I have to override the std.listN.inc screen to automatically redirect?

Any help in this area would be helpful.

Thanks,

Kyle Brost
----

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Control visibility of records
Next Topic: Login problems