Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Framework » Is Radicore better than Ruby On Rails?
Re: Is Radicore better than Ruby On Rails? [message #102 is a reply to message #101] Thu, 22 June 2006 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
If you read the description of Radicore on http://www.radicore.org/ it most definitely says that it is designed for administrative web applications which have restricted user access instead of the more common web sites which are open to anyone. This is more like a traditional desktop application, but converted to a web application.

Radicore may act as the "back office" to administer the contents of a web site, but it is not designed to create the "front end" which is open to anyone. There is a subtle difference.

Programmers who build nothing but web sites often have great difficulty in building more complex administrative applications, but as I have been building such applications for more than 20 years I have a great deal of experience to call on. In fact the Radicore framework is the direct descendant of a COBOL framework I designed and wrote in 1985.

Remember also that the "RAD" in Radicore stands for Rapid Application Development, so the aim of the game is to allow programmers to create working transactions as quickly as possible. This means making use of a powerful framework which contains as much pre-written and reusable code as possible, and to make as many features as possible, such as pagination, column sorting, navigation, etc, available with as little effort as possible.

Radicore is aimed at a particular market, and if you are not in that market then Radicore is not for you.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message