Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Framework » Is Radicore better than Ruby On Rails?
Re: Is Radicore better than Ruby On Rails? [message #432 is a reply to message #431] Wed, 29 November 2006 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
All those comments I made about RoR were based on what I read on the RoR web site. If my comments are incorrect then the documentation is incorrect .

You are missing the point of my arguments. Even though these conventions in RoR can be overridden it means that RoR cannot be used "out of the box" with databases that do not follow these conventions. Before it will work people have to know the following:
  • that their database does not follow the RoR conventions.
  • what these conventions are
  • how and where to write the code which forces RoR to deal with these "unconventional" names.

Radicore, on the other hand, does not have any restrictive conventions, so will work "out of the box" with any database design. Just import the database schema into the data dictionary and off you go.

You also do not understand candidate keys. These are unique keys which may exist IN ADDITION to the primary key. The normal rule is that primary keys cannot be changed whereas candidate keys can. The Radicore framework knows when a candidate key is being changed, so it can verify that the new value is still unique. This does not require any custom code or any plugin, the necessary code is just there. Are you saying that RoR cannot deal with candidate keys? If so that is a glaring omission.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message