Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » POPUPs do not display
Re: POPUPs do not display [message #1034 is a reply to message #1030] Tue, 07 August 2007 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
adamsp is currently offline  adamsp
Yes, it is as you point out, the parent_field must be correctly specified...I guess I though that the Relationship between the snr and jnr tables referred exclusively to the primary-foreign key relationship. I now understand that, in addition, this relationship points to a field, called the parent_field (single or calculated) that can be retrieved in a popup. I also now see that the "Foreign Field" entry on the Update Column screen must exactly match with this parent_field when the control type=POPUP. Obviously, this was not clear to me.

Finally, when I create a calculated field in the Relationship by setting Parent_field = CALCULATED and Calculated Field as
"CONCAT(fname, ' ',lname) AS fullname"
and I also set the "Foreign Field" on the Update Column screen to "fullname"

I see that Radicore adds slashes to the Calculated Filed...
CONCAT(fname, \' \', lname) AS fullname

In addition I get an error when calling the screen...

Fatal Error: MySQL error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\' \', lname) AS fullname FROM grant_staff LEFT JOIN grants ON (grants.grant_pk=' at line 1 (# 1064).

SQL query: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS grant_staff.*, grants.grant_pk, CONCAT(fname, \' \', lname) AS fullname FROM grant_staff LEFT JOIN grants ON (grants.grant_pk=grant_staff.grant_pk) LEFT JOIN staff ON (staff.staff_pk=grant_staff.staff_pk) WHERE grant_staff.grant_pk='3' LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0

Error in line 404 of file 'C:\xampp\htdocs\radicore\includes\dml.mysqli.class.inc'.

Please advise. Sad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message