Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Transaction Patterns » Delete2 deletes the wrong records... where's my error?
icon9.gif  Re: Delete2 deletes the wrong records... where's my error? [message #1204 is a reply to message #1203] Mon, 31 December 2007 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ikatz is currently offline  ikatz
ok. i'm pretty sure that i have the inner/outer table stuff done correctly, because my add3, popup, and multi2 work as expected. please disregard my previous statements about the a_id changing instead of b_id. after some more exploration, it turns out that both ids were filled with junk values; getting 2 of the same b_id was sheer coincidence.

so, the best description i can give of the problem (as i now understand it) is that my delete2 is deleting the correct number of records, but not necessarily the records that i have selected. its sort of like delete2 is picking the records to be deleted out of a different (larger) recordset than the one being displayed by multi2.

what would make that happen? (also, if there are other questions i should be asking myself, or other information i should be posting to be more helpful then please let me know)

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message