Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Transaction Patterns » Delete2 deletes the wrong records... where's my error?
Re: Delete2 deletes the wrong records... where's my error? [message #1213 is a reply to message #1205] Wed, 09 January 2008 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ikatz is currently offline  ikatz
AJM wrote on Mon, 31 December 2007 13:31

You will need to step through with your debugger to see what records are being selected when the MULTI2 screen is populated, then check that when you select a record for deletion the primary key of that record is being extracted correctly before being passed to the DELETE2 transaction.

ok, i am set up with the zend debugger. i may not be looking in the right place in the code, but it does indeed seem like the primary key is not being extracted correctly.

to put things in terms of your documentation, figure 7, i have MULTI2 page where the order is listed in the "parent details" and the "child data" shows the products associated with it. when stepping through the code, i saw the primary key data in one of the variables, looking something like this:
order_id='' and product_id='7'

this seems strange to me; the product_id=7 is definitely the box i selected, but why is the order_id blank when it is already displayed in the "parent details"!

i'm not sure where the key extraction process starts -- on which file/function should i set the first breakpoint, to follow the key extraction sequence for a delete operation?

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message