Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Transaction Patterns » can't get _cm_popupReturn to execute
can't get _cm_popupReturn to execute [message #1222] Mon, 14 January 2008 18:52 Go to previous message
ikatz is currently offline  ikatz
I'm having trouble working with the _cm_popupReturn function. Specifically, it seems that it is never called.

I am using a popup1 through an add3 to insert rows into a multi2, representing this table:
CREATE TABLE membership_access (
    membership_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    person_company_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    role_id VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL,
    date_added DATE NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (membership_id, person_company_id),
    FOREIGN KEY (person_company_id)
        REFERENCES person_company (person_company_id),
    FOREIGN KEY (membership_id) REFERENCES membership (membership_id),
    FOREIGN KEY (role_id) REFERENCES role (role_id)
) Engine=InnoDb;

membership is the outer, membership_access is the inner, and person_company is the popup.

I am using the _cm_popupCall function in classes/membership_access.class.inc to filter the records shown in the person_company popup (and it works). But when I choose the item from the popup, the _cm_popupReturn (which is also in classes/membership_access.class.inc) never fires. Because of this, role_id and date_added are blank -- which gives me an error message at the bottom of the multi2 screen.

My intention is to use _cm_popupReturn in order to provide default values for role_id and date_added. Am I failing because multi2 is unsuited for this purpose, or because I lack some understanding of the program flow (and should be using some other _cm_ function to achieve this result)?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Delete2 deletes the wrong records... where's my error?
Next Topic: hyperlink in list or detail or tree form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:34:23 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00977 seconds