Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Use update2 pattern when I have two tables parent->child
Use update2 pattern when I have two tables parent->child [message #1342] Wed, 21 May 2008 08:00 Go to previous message
Jovan is currently offline  Jovan

Hi Tony,
I try to respect your time, I try to develop my own Radicore application only with your documentation, and than I want to give you all my questions, but now I have a problem which stopped me in developing application.

1. I define standard Parent and child tables,type of relation is 1:0(zero)M, it means that I will have in foreign key of child table nulls. This id same structure as in tree_node in example application. I red tutorial part 4 and other text which I found in your documentation, but I could not to solve problem.
2. First I generate parent table with parent_id (unique primary), than child table with child_id (unigue primary), foreign key parent_id is null
3. Than I generate for both table list1 pattern
4. Than popup2 pattern for CHILD table
5. Than for child table list2 pattern with Outer Table name of parent table
6. Than I choose Child Forms Update2,Popup,Delete3,Search
7. At the end I choose predefined popup2 pattern

After that LIST2 works o.k, I have list child rows where parent_id is equal in both table, but I could not find a way how to list with update (popup) child which has nulls (parent_id is null). I try everything. I have tested without debugger, but I use SQL Log. I could not understand how update2 pattern works. I could not find way how to replace where string in popup list with ...parent_id is NULL. I found that the problem is in sequence of calling methods.

Jovan

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Multiple parent/child relations between 2 tables
Next Topic: Failing searches, caused by null-able date fields
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:37:27 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00854 seconds