Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » Multiple parent/child relations between 2 tables
Re: Multiple parent/child relations between 2 tables [message #1357 is a reply to message #1356] Thu, 29 May 2008 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ikatz is currently offline  ikatz
Quote:

However, the same logic does not apply when a field name is passed into a table object from an external source because there is nothing to identify which relationship should be used, only the field name itself. There is no way to identify which table the input field comes from, which means that there is no way to identify the relationship, which in turn means that there is no way that the framework knows how to convert the input name to a different name so that it can be applied to the current table.

Thanks! That pretty much sums up the problem I saw. I found the solution to my list1 issue at http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/infrastructure-faq.html #faq82. The problem was that both of blocked_task_id and waiting_task_id were using the same mnu_task popup (referenced in the $fieldspec array) to select their values.

Based on some of the articles you've written, I get the sense that not many people tell you how great your software is. Well, Radicore is f-ing fantastic; I've worked with it for several months now and am still amazed (after resolving issues like this one) at how much code I don't have to write.

I'll try to get the list2 problems resolved through the .class files.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 May 2008 19:00]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How do you deploy your app?
Next Topic: Use update2 pattern when I have two tables parent->child
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 04:06:25 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01552 seconds