Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » How To » pickup subdir from table and put into upload_subdir
Re: pickup subdir from table and put into upload_subdir [message #1561 is a reply to message #1560] Thu, 21 August 2008 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ikatz is currently offline  ikatz
Actually -- and this is slightly embarassing -- at the time that I wrote the last post, I had only verified that the fieldarray would contain the primary key that I needed (to set the upload directory), and I had not attempted to upload the file into that directory.

As it turns out, when you submit an uploaded file, _cm_initialiseFileUpload() will be called a second time -- and the fieldarray will be empty. I ended up having to do the above hack for both the upload and picker transactions in order to make them work as I intended.

So, to answer your question, I definitely would feel more comfortable if this data was provided directly (vs my workaround), but it would be your call on how best to do it. Having an argument called "fieldarray" might be misleading, as it would need to access the fieldarray from the previous transaction. I'm not sure what the implications are here, but it almost seems like there could be separate functions that get called, one initialization for entering the file upload and one for leaving it with the submitted file.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 August 2008 20:05]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message