Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Transaction Patterns » Output 3 - _cm_output_multi()
Re: Output 3 - _cm_output_multi() [message #7650 is a reply to message #7648] Thu, 02 September 2021 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
htManager is currently offline  htManager
You are right. I read your 'RADICRE programming guidelines' once again and there you wrote in No 7 that 'Wherever possible fields with the same content should have the same name'. That was one of my mistakes. I gave the primary key fields in the child table a different name as them in the parent table because I misunderstood/had a wrong idea of your recommendation. The same with the foreign keys. After reading your 'php-mysql/database-design.html#foreign.keys' article I now think that I understand it right or at least better.

The framework works fine. What I was obviously looking for some times was a possibility (probably) outside the framework. In my ObjectPAL programming environment I had no transaction patterns and that's why I could write code just as I wanted; with huge effort every time!

How would you deal with the following situation:

Parent table: PKey: A1_id, A2_id, A3_id
Child table: PKey: A1_id, A2_id, A3_id, U_id

U_id is the foreign key of the user table. I have a list2 pattern and now want to open an output3 report for the user U_id selected in the child table and write some more information with the _cm_output_multi() method. Is this possible? Or do I have to go to the user screen and call it from there?

I already tried several things like changing the table in the controller script and exploding the $where string to get the U_id but with no success. Calling from this place would be convenient.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message