Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Transaction Patterns » Tree structure with more than one table
Re: Tree structure with more than one table [message #7738 is a reply to message #7736] Fri, 03 June 2022 04:49 Go to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
The tree structure contains only three tables - TREE-TYPE, TREE-LEVEL and TREE-NODE with which you can construct many types of different tree structures. A LEAF is a table in your application database which can contain a foreign key into one of the TREE-NODE entries. When I say "one" I mean one within a particular TREE-TYPE, so it is possible for a LEAF to contain foreign keys into TREE-NODEs with different values for tree_type_id.

If you want you could use your LEAF table as just a stepping stone and have another table acting as a CHILD-LEAF, with multiple rows if necessary, and then in a third application table you could have a foreign key into CHILD-LEAF instead of LEAF.

You still have not provided me with a pictorial example of what structure you are trying to achieve, so I cannot provide a definitive solution.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Using fillcolour in an output3 pattern
Next Topic: Introduction to Transaction Patterns within Radicore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:30:15 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01065 seconds