Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Application Development » How can I achieve retrieving data from different tables and marking them as printed?
How can I achieve retrieving data from different tables and marking them as printed? [message #1816] Tue, 11 November 2008 06:50 Go to previous message
bonzo_bcn is currently offline  bonzo_bcn
I'm really desperated with this issue, maybe a more experienced programmer can help.

I have data from different tables:
players who play in teams
coaches of teams
players who have signed up for activities
players who have signed up for events

my client asks for a screen to show selected data of all of them, so that he can print labels and export to csv, but once they have been printed, they should be marked as 'printed' or 'exported'.

The select to show this data is an union between 4 selects.

My first approach was too create a view in mysql, but as it didn't have primary keys, radicore messes up, which I believe is normal.

My second aproach was to fill a table with all this data, then the user exports and prints the data of this table, and the record is updated as printed or exported. The problem I'm facing with this is that once the data is saved from the original data into this table, if they change any field of the source, the data in the table doesn't change. OTOH I don't like this approach as it can easily lead to inconsistencies.

If I can't sort out this, I will put an export and print button on every source screen, but then the client should go and look into four different places instead of one.

(I've spent more time with this than with the whole application).

If anyone has any idea on how to solve this please let me know.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: $where clause problem with list1 and read