Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Workflow » Workflow implementation question
Workflow implementation question [message #2777] Mon, 15 August 2011 10:15 Go to previous message
grim is currently offline  grim
I have a simple task that adds a new record (add1). On some occasions the data for one particular field will not be known to the user entering the data.

What I would like to do via the workflow is to put an entry on the Workitems list for a user to update the data missing in the recently added record. However, if the particular data had been entered when the record was added, for there to be no record added to the workitems list.

I have tried several ways to achieve this but with no success. It seems that I need to have another transition between my add task (and start place) and the update transition. I would attach my guard statements to this extra transition. One leg would go to the update task and one would go to the end.

Is this a possible way to resolve this issue? What should my extra transition do? Am I going about this in completely the wrong way please can you suggest a better way forward.

With regards

Graham Jones

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Using Pipe3 to model workflow
Next Topic: Workflow with optional transition?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:14:06 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03106 seconds