Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Hosting Environment prevents Installation (MySQL won't allow creation of database names menu,audit, etc)
Re: Hosting Environment prevents Installation [message #2859 is a reply to message #2857] Tue, 27 December 2011 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
It sounds like GoDaddy aren't doing a professional job of web hosting. All the other hosting companies I know of allow you to use whatever database names you like as they are *always* prefixed by your domain/account name. Thus on my www.radicore.org website my account name is 'radicore', so all my databases are prefixed with 'radicore_'. This makes it easy for the hosting company to easily identify which database belongs to which account, and it makes it easy to configure phpMyAdmin to limit access to only those databases which are owned by each account.

If your 2nd-rate hosting company does not do this automaticaly, then you will have to add the 'radicore_' (or whatever you choose) prefix manually. You must then ensure that you specify the exact same prefix in the $GLOBALS['dbprefix'] variable in your config.inc file. The Radicore framework will then automatically combine the prefix with each database name at runtime.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: logon error
Next Topic: Login Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 01 18:36:14 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01105 seconds