Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Installation Issues » Problem using PostgreSQL 9.1
Problem using PostgreSQL 9.1 [message #2840] Tue, 13 December 2011 09:14 Go to previous message
roderickm is currently offline  roderickm
Hello Tony

I've installed Radicore on Ubuntu 11.10 using Postgresql 9.1.

I can logon but when I click any of the tabs at the top (e.g. "Menu System") I get the following error:

"
Fatal Error: PostgreSQL: ERROR: 42883: function date_sub(date, smallint) does not exist LINE 4: ...do.user_id='MGR' AND mnu_todo.is_complete='N' AND DATE_SUB(d... ^ HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. LOCATION: ParseFuncOrColumn, parse_func.c:304 (# 42883).

SQL query: SELECT count(*) FROM mnu_todo LEFT JOIN mnu_task ON (mnu_task.task_id=mnu_todo.task_id) LEFT JOIN mnu_user ON (mnu_user.user_id=mnu_todo.user_id) WHERE mnu_todo.user_id='MGR' AND mnu_todo.is_complete='N' AND DATE_SUB(due_date, visibility) <= '2011-12-13'

Error in line 497 of file '/var/www/radicore/includes/dml.pgsql.class.inc'.

Host Info: localhost, Server Version: 9.1.1
Client Encoding: UTF8, Server Encoding: UTF8
Database: RADICORE, Schema: "MENU", PUBLIC

PHP_SELF: /radicore/menu/menu.php

CURRENT DIRECTORY: /var/www/radicore/menu

SERVER_ADDR: 127.0.0.1

SERVER_NAME: localhost

HTTP_HOST: localhost

User Id: MGR

REMOTE_ADDR: 127.0.0.1

REQUEST_URI: /radicore/menu/menu.php?session_name=menu3&selection=men u01
"

1. Does Radicore support Postgresql 9.1 or do I have to use an earlier version (e.g. 8.4)?

2. I read the "Creating a Postgresql driver" page pointed to from the installation guide but initially assumed there was nothing to do there. Following this error, I read more carefully and added the functions in "mysqlcompat" to the "radicore" database but I still get the above error. Is there anything else I needed to do from that page?

3. I tried "mysqlcompat-1.04b.zip" from the developers site as it's readme says Postgresql 9.1 support was included and tested but this didn't make a difference.

4. I have confirmed that the function "date_sub" does exist in my database.

5. It would seem like Postgresql cannot match the function as the types are wrong. Expecting: date_sub(timestamp, interval) but (date, smallint) is being passed to it? Perhaps some explicit casting is required?

Before I dig deeper (possibly in the wrong direction) I thought it appropriate to ask you...

Thanks in advance for the help Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Login Error