Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE » RADICORE Suggestions » Traversing subtrees (the flexible tree structure, is there something more flexible.)
Re: Traversing subtrees [message #3649 is a reply to message #3647] Sat, 06 April 2013 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DannyBoyPoker is currently offline  DannyBoyPoker
Maybe I should add, that my perspective, is that almost every couple of months a question about how to model a tree in the database pops up at the comp.database.theory newsgroup. And, in most projects we have to deal with some kind of trees or hierarchies! Categories, organisation, threads, folders, components.

My comportment, then, is one of curiosity, the parlance is kind of overwhelming, there is the simple graph (trees are these), and, the multigraph. A 'graph', is just a structure, in theory. And a structure, consists of a set, along with a collection of finitary operations (what is finitary? well, not infinitary), and relations that are defined on it. Etc.

I'd figured, that actually I posted the structure to use, to represent anything more complex.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: date validation
Next Topic: Replace jquery in framework