Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Bug Reports » Tutorial (A few minor issues, encountered when tackling Radicore tutorial w/fresh install.)
Re: Tutorial [message #3704 is a reply to message #3660] Sat, 20 April 2013 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
You are just nitpicking over trivialities. Their may be cosmetic differences between the tutorial when it was written and the current version software, but the functionality is the same. However, I shall answer your points as best I can.

1) By "database drivers" I do not mean "database software" but "database connectors" in the form of classes from which I create Data Access Objects (DAOs). I have changed the text to reflect this.

2) I have changed the code samples to read "ENGINE=MyISAM" instead of "TYPE=MyISAM".

3) I have updated the instructions in section 1.1 to explain what "logon to the framework" means.

4) I dislike case sensitive software immensely, which is why I wrote Case Sensitive Software is Evil. Consequently I consider "TEST" to be the same as "test".

5) It should not be difficult to understand that the "subsystem with the id of 'test'" is exactly the same as the "subsystem with the description 'test subsystem'".

6) The fact that some of the navigation buttons on the screens has been updated since the screenshots were made does not invalidate the functionality which is being described.

7) You do not understand the difference between a "foreign key" and a "foreign key constraint". A one-to-many relationship between two tables requires that the "many" table contains a foreign key which links to the primary key on the "one" table. It is possible to define a foreign key without any constraints, which is exactly what I do. A great deal of my database development has been with databases that did not have foreign key constraints (such as the MyISAM engine in MySQL)y I don't use them but instead have the relevant functionality built into my framework.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Error message in task "menu"
Next Topic: Task (Proc) show 100 pagination bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:35:21 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00914 seconds