Radicore Forum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » RADICORE development » Workflow » Problem with db
Re: Problem with db [message #1004 is a reply to message #1003] Sat, 28 July 2007 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
AJM is currently offline  AJM
Popular databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle allow multiple database schemas per connection, and the Control panel software used by most of the ISPs that I have seen specifically allow multiple databases with whatever names you want, as does the popular phpMyAdmin administration tool. Those ISPs who specifically disallow multiple databases are, in my experience not offering a professional service, so I do not want to waste any of my valuable time in modifying my software so that it runs in their cheap, amateur environment.

I am not bothered about the potential loss of revenue that this may cause as I have more than enough projects from professional companies wh consider multiple databases to be a normal setup.

I'm sorry if you find my views inconsiderate, but perhaps you could as your ISP to explain their single database restriction. This is an artificially imposed limitation which has nothing to do with any software, so they should justify why they have imposed it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Task and Session Management Using Workflow
Next Topic: Using workflow component in my own application(?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:32:40 EDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01114 seconds